Workout At Work…And Smell Good After!
“Let’s get the blood pumping!” We’ve all heard that phrase, but what a meaningful phrase it is. When we exercise we literally get the blood in our body to pump through our heart and circulate within every vessel we have. This helps rid toxins, increase mental clarity, releases chemicals that give us that happy energetic feeling, not to mention all the other health benefits. But the biggest deterrent in creating and maintaining a regular exercise routine is often TIME. We simply don’t have enough of it. Trying to workout early in the morning cuts into our sleep and messes up our morning routine. Working out in the evening works for some of us, but most of us are either too exhausted from a full day of work, or simply have too much going on with family and other commitments. Here’s the solution that most of us overlook: MID-DAY WORKOUTS! “I can’t do that. I’ll get too sweaty and disgusting to return to work.” Right? Wrong. Here’s how you can not only workout over your lunch hour and return to work (non-repulsive), but more productive, happier, and alert!
First, pick the right workout for the facility that you have. Often you can workout right in your office building or at a nearby park. If your office building has showers, your workout opportunities are endless. You could do a short but intense class, like High Intensity Interval Training, and still have time to shower and groom yourself. If showering isn’t an option it doesn’t mean you’re out of luck. You could choose a mind-body class like Yoga or Pilates. Or if you want to go big, and not end up smelling like a pig, here’s a list of some of my favorite products to help you transition from work to workout, and back to work in a jiff!
- YES TO coconut scented cleansing wipes. These are great for a quick full body wipe down to get rid of all the sweat. Think of it as a shower in your hand. They’re super portable and available at Target.
- Macadamia style extend dry shampoo. This is incredible stuff. It’s not like other dry shampoos that I’ve tried. After your workout, simply spray on the roots of your hair and message in well. You won’t even be able to tell that you worked out, I promise. Available at Beauty Brands.
- Sephora blotting papers. These little sheets help to absorb any oil that you may have sweated out during your workout. Simply press them up to your face and let them do the work. Available at Sephora.
- Urban Decay De-Slick Oil-Control Make-up Setting Spray. No need to reapply your makeup when you have the blotting papers and this wonderous spray. It takes out the rest of the shine and leaves you looking and feeling fresh. Available at Sephora.
- Dove Advanced Care Deodorant for women. Not only does it smell great, but it leaves your skin soft and lasts up to 48 hours! Available at Walmart or Target. (Robert says he buys “Men’s Degree Motionsense” anti-perspirant at Costco…and that nobody ever tells him he stinks!)
- Lastly, Nivea Cocoa Butter In-Shower Body Lotion. The name explains it. This saves an extra step whether it’s in the morning, at noon, or in the evening, you don’t have to add lotion after the shower! Available at Target.
Not only will you look and feel great for the rest of the day, but your friends, family, and employer will appreciate the extra energy and happiness that you have to share with them!
Yours in health,
Corporate Wellness Coordinator